Thursday, April 11, 2013

Mama's boy!

Normally, I would like to do a serious blog.... but today, the White Z had to be poured and the rant had to begin...   

     So, the other day I was watching the Steve Harvey Show and there was a segment on love and relationships. The couple who were shown were having an issue with the mother being too involved with their relationship. The couple had been married for 3 years and they loved each other completely though when any issues arise, the husband went straight to his mom to ask for what he insisted was 'insight' and 'support'. The wife's perspective was that he never discusses their issues with her, and she feels left out. More importantly, she describes a typical night being that he comes home, already on the phone with the mom, spends another few hours talking to her, then washes up and goes to bed, NEVER even saying hello or 'how are you' to his wife.. Now after some discussion, and of course a family therapist expert, you can tell that the mother seems to instigate the issue, and she still considers her son her baby. Though she seemed to understand that she needed to cut the umbilical cord finally. 

BUT!!!...But, But, But! The INSTANT the mother is serious and tells her son that he needs to confide in his wife, he starts crying. Not, the one tear cause this is a sad situation, but CROCODILE TEARS. Boy I wish I could find a snap shot of that episode cause this picture up theur is the only thing that comes close. (phonetical pronunciation of the word there for you grammar geeks). Steve Harvey says 'see, this man had been carrying all this conflict inside and he is stuck in the middle'. BUT!!! the man replies that his mother is the one who he feels closest to and who is he suppose to confide in if he doesn't have his mother? 
Well I just about died.  Because....
WHY THE HELL DID YOU GET MARRIED THEN!!

I Better be the only woman that you are confiding your issues with unless, you feel that you want a second opinion from another woman, or it is dealing with your relationships with me, and you are comfortable talking with your mother. But not for everything?!?! What am I to you then, your servant? The one who cooks and cleans but too dumb emotionally to discuss with you your thoughts? I am your WOMAN. The one you married and hopefully before you proposed, you figured out if you could talk to me. I mean what did you think was going to happen between us nightly. In between rounds in the bed we will be talking. MY thought is that something else is going on and it's not really the mother. I thought at first she was really instigating and covertly sabotaging the relationship, but I think that she is dealing with her baby boy, and acting like a co-dependent to his issues.  
I bet, if we take a look back at what is happening now with that couple, the relationship has either gotten worse, it has come out that he is really not happy with his wife/can't communicate with her/ whatever the case may be, or it has gotten better only because he has admitted to his issues and they have worked on it. Because ladies, WHAT grown MAN do you know has cried over not being able to talk with his mother for three hours a day? And because he wanted to.
I'll leave you with that question to ponder. I'll be back with another blog on a more calm subject but I needed to have my moment. Feel free to have a moment of your own and comment. Leave a question, a thought and it might be on the blog! If you would like to see the episode that I am discussing, you can try the Steve Harvey website, though I only found a link to a blog about the segment http://www.steveharveytv.com/episodes/steve-helps-a-wife-who-says-her-husband-is-a-mamas-boy/ you can also use this link to find out more of what time and channel the show is on if you are interested (he's pretty funny on the show)
Also, on youtube, I couldn't find the whole segment, though there is a 31 sec clip which can show you what I'm talking about.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9udWyxa87M


Sexy, but not wit cha mama......

No comments:

Post a Comment